Mar 31, 2011

McHenry County College has "put on hold" future Homeschool Friday classes.

McHenry County College has, for now, decided to put the Homechool Friday program on hold.

The school has experienced huge growth in both the number of students and the number of credit classes it needs to offer to keep up with this growth. The coordinator of the classes is moving departments in the near future, the support staff situation is complicated, and they barely have a free classroom anywhere.

I do hope that they choose to offer these wonderful 'transition to college' classes again in the near future.  In the meantime, I understand that both Rockford and College of Lake County offer classes for homeschoolers looking for that 'on campus' experience and I will continue to offer similar classes throughout the area.  I hope you find what you are looking for! 

2 comments:

  1. That's too bad! I'm sorry to hear that, Kathy. Will you continue elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I teach in Elgin two days a week, in Cary one day a week and Crystal Lake another. I am actively looking for another Friday 'gig'. I doubt I will be in another college setting though. Most are cutting back on outreach programs due to lack of funding.

    ReplyDelete